I am not an expert on the Canada-Philippines agreement, but here is a link that you might find useful: www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/services/pensions/international/countries/philippines.shtml If you disagree with your entitlement to benefits under the agreement, go to a U.S. social security office or a Social Security office in Canada. The people there can tell you what you need to do to appeal the decision. Your wife should probably also be eligible for a CPP old-age pension, but receiving CPCs can affect the amount of their U.S. Social Security amount under the WFP. Hello Eric – I don`t know the age rules you can/must make to apply for U.S. Social Security, but I do know that everything you do about your SS doesn`t affect your CPC or your OAS. Therefore, you can apply for your CPC from the age of 60 (at a reduced rate), but the first year you can apply for the OAS is the age of 65. If you have contributed to both the Canada Pension Plan and the U.S. pension program, or if you have lived in Canada and the U.S., this agreement can help you qualify: Normally, people who are not U.S. citizens can receive U.S. Social Security benefits while they are outside the U.S., only if they meet certain requirements.

However, depending on the agreement, you can receive benefits as long as you reside in Canada, regardless of your nationality. If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen and you live in another country, you cannot receive benefits. Your Payment While You Are Outside The United States (Publication No. 05-10137) explains the restrictions placed on U.S. services. Dear Doug, great and useful contributions, thank you very much. My case is this: worked in Romania for ten years between 1990 and 2000, lived and worked in Canada for six years (all taxes paid), from 2001 to 2006, then moved to Romania to be my aging parents, where I have since my residency and work. Question 1: Given that the international social security agreement with Romania will come into force on 01.11.2011, does it apply retroactively if the aforementioned six Canadian years are taken into account (and into account)? This is intended for totalization in both countries, I would decide to apply at the age of 65. Maybe it`s Romania. Question 2: What Canadian pension benefits would I be entitled to if I added up the three contribution segments? According to the agreement, when you work as a worker in the United States, you are generally covered by the United States, and you and your employer pay social security taxes only in the United States.

When you work as a worker in Canada, you are generally covered by Canada, and you and your employer pay social security contributions (contributions) only in Canada. The Canada-U.S. Social Security Agreement came into force on August 1, 1984. A complementary agreement came into force on 1 August 1984. A second complementary agreement came into force on 1 October 1997. The agreement with Canada helps many people who, in the absence of the agreement, would not be entitled to monthly pension, disability or survival benefits under the social security plans of one or both countries.